The English Language Coordination Section (ELCS) was established in 1997. This section is an integral part in the School of Information Technology's goal to make our graduates highly competitive on the IT job market. ELCS consists of the following faculty members:
- Dr. Patcharaporn Lavangnananda, Head of ELCS
- Mr. Zhaoyi Pan, English Language Specialist
- Ms. Vichchuda Tedoloh, Full-time Secretary
We are located on the 2nd floor of SIT. You can contact the office by telephone at 0-2470-9866. The office hours are from 8:30 a.m. to 5.00 p.m. for Monday-Friday. You can also contact us by e-mail at email@example.com. ELCS assists the School of Information Technology in various facets. First of all, our section develops and conducts English courses for both students and staff as follows:
- INT501 Fundamental English for Information Technology Students I
- INT502 Fundamental English for Information Technology Students II
B.Sc. (Computer Science)
- English Program Study Skills Intensive Preparation Course (Required for all first year students the summer before they begin the first semester), LNG courses (In coordination with the School of Liberal Arts),
Administration Staff/Research Assistants
- Fundamental English (all skills), Business Writing, Others.
Secondly, ELCS in also responsible for developing and/or administering the following tests:
- TOEIC exams
- Placement exams for B.S. (Computer Science) applicants
- Achievement exams for Staff members.
Thirdly, we also organize talks and presentations. Some topics we have recently organized were test preparation and how to use dictionaries.
Fourthly, we also provide language support for the School of Information Technology in the following ways:
+ Graduate students can submit their abstracts and have them corrected.
+ We also correct academic papers written by professors or lecturers.
+ Our English Language Specialists are available anytime to provide SIT students or staff with advice and guidance on how to improve their English skills or deal with their language learning problems.
+ Correct notices and announcements for both the bulletins and the SIT homepage.
+ Recently, ELCS has also accepted the responsibility of checking abtracts for B.Sc.'s (Information Technology majors) and B.A.'s Senior Thesis papers.
Lastly, we also run our own website at www.sit.kmutt.ac.th/ELCS The staff of ELCS is proud to assist the School of Information Technology and enable our graduates to be some of the most competitive and sought after graduates in Thailand