ELCS proofreading policy for Ph.D. and M.Sc. student documents
ELCS would like to inform all SIT Ph.D. and M.Sc. students of the current English document proofreading policy.
1. Request your advisor to approve the contents of your document. Please submit to us proof of your advisor's approval.
2. Please double space your English document using the paragraph feature in Microsoft Word.
3. All documents submitted by Ph.D. and M.Sc. students are required to be proofread by two English language specialists.
4. ELCS requires approximately 20 days to proofread a document in normal term-time and requires at least 10 days during non-teaching time. This of course may vary according to length and complexity of the document.
5. In the case of a legitimate proofreading emergency, please negotiate with ELCS staff. We are here to help you with all your English language needs.
English Language Coordinating Section (ELCS)
School of Information Technology