Frequently Asked Questions
Apply via ELCS Services System during the application period.
Khun Chorthip, SIT Computer Specialist at telephone 0-2470-9828
Khun Vichchuda, ELCS Secretary at telephone 0-2470-9866
Please see English Tests Timetable at ELCS's website www.sit.kmtt.ac.th/ELCS
- Listening Comprehension
- Structure and Written Expression
- Reading Comprehension
Sorry, the ITP-TOEFL test taken elsewhere will not be accepted.
The following is a list of various English tests that you can choose from
- ITP-TOEFL not less than 500 (The information of the ITP-TOEFL can be found at ELCS website: www.sit.kmutt.ac.th/ELCS, under ITP-TOEFL Examinee Handbook)
- TOEFL (IBT) not less than 61
- TOEIC not less than 600
- IELTS not less than 5
- CU-TEP not less than 60
- TETET (School of Liberal Arts, KMUTT) not less than 4
Choose either one.
- ITP-TOEFL not less than 550
- TOEFL (IBT) not less than 79
- TOEIC not less than 800
- IELTS not less than 6.5
- CU-TEP not less than 75
Yes, the test results are valid for 2 years.
1,300 Baht (Oct. 2017)
- If you have taken the ITP-TOEFL test, collect your test score 10 days after the web announcement of the result date. ELCS will automatically copy your test score and submit it to Khun Aphorn, Khun Mayula, or Khun Duangnate on your behalf. For those who have met all the School’s requirements, you MUST also report to Khun Aphorn, Khun Mayula, or Khun Duangnate to process your graduation by yourself as ELCS will not do it for you.
- If you have taken any other type of test, you must make 2 copies of your test result and bring them together with the original test copy to ELCS first. Please sign your name to certify the 2 copies as well as writing your student I.D., field of study, and class.
For example: สำเนาถูกต้อง
รหัส 48440621 EB 7
ELCS will later forward the 2 copies to Khun Aphorn, Khun Mayula, or Khun Duangnate. The original copy can be obtained from ELCS ONLY.
You can, but you must be able to obtain the English score as required by the school within the first academic year of your M.Sc. study. If you cannot obtain it by then, you'll have to study English.
Fun I course is highly recommended for any students lacking or wanting to improve their knowledge of the basic grammatical rules. It is also suitable for students receiving TOEFL scores less than 440.
Fun II Course is designed for M.Sc. IT students to brush up on their grammar and improve their knowledge of English on certain skills such as listening and reading. It provides all the necessary skills for undertaking the ITP-TOEFL test.
They can study any English courses with any academic institutes within the first academic year of the M.Sc. Study. Then, they are required to submit any proof of study such as the receipt or the certificate to ELCS within the first academic year of the M.Sc. Study.
Any English institutes run by the government universities, AUA, or British Council. Choose the course carefully as these courses can be pricy.
Yes. However, you are still required to complete a graduation requirement.
Any ex-Fun I & Fun II students who would like to take the Fun I and/or Fun II course(s) again are required to pay ELCS a deposit of 200 Baht. The 200 Baht deposit will be returned right after you have completed at least half of the course. For example, the Fun II course includes 20 lessons (60 hours); therefore, you must attend at least 10 lessons (30 hrs.)
Yes, please inform ELCS of the reason why and provide the name of the person recommending the student.
ELCS is the English Language Coordinating Section of SIT that is located on the 2nd floor of the SIT building.
Sometimes ELCS will arrange speaking courses and writing courses. Please check our news at the SIT and ELCS website.
- an English score of ITP-TOEFL 500 or its equivalent
- a comprehensive Test with a minimum score of 70
- completed courses of each program with a G.P.A. of not less than 3.00